- Born in Milan (Italy) on 17.02.1972
- Italian nationality
- Marital status: married
- Fiscal Code: PVTGGG72B17F205V
- Residence: Via Giovanni da Procida 4 – 20149, Milan, Italy
- Telephone and Fax: +39 02 36529069
- Mobile: +39 338 9349564
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VAT number: 03991040969
- Driving license: A, B
- Father: prof. Sergio Pivato, born in Milan 13.11.1945, Professor of Economics of Industrial Companies at the L. Bocconi University of Milan
- Mother: Emanuela Vassallo, born in Genoa17.12.1945
- Languages: Italian (mother tongue), English (good) spoken and written, French (excellent) spoken and written. In February 2003 he obtained the certificate TCF (Test de connaissance du Français) issued by the Center International d’Etudes Pédagogiques in Paris (Certificate number 033000-05-031211-15045).
- Classical High School Diploma in the 1990/1991 school year at the Ginnasio Liceo Statale “G. Parini “of Milan with the 50/60 vote
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan on 14.11.1997 with thesis in Neurosurgery entitled “Comparing MRI study with dynamic and bilateral selective catheterization technique in the diagnosis of inferior petrosal sinuses and in the localization of ACTH-secreting microadenomas. “with the score of 108/110 (Supervisor: Chiar.mo Prof. Massimo Giovanelli).
- Authorization to practice the medical profession obtained in May 1998 at the University of Milan and registration in the Professional Register of the Province of Milan from 22.06.1998 n. 35463.
- Specialty in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Turin (Director: Prof. Giovanni Bocchiotti) in 06.11.2003 with thesis entitled: “Hypoplasia of the thumb in congenital malformations of the hand”, vote: 70/70 with honours and publication.
- Registration to the Council of the Order of Physicians of Paris on 04.03.2004 under no. 75/70108
- University Diploma of microsurgical techniques obtained in Paris on 23 June 2004 at the University Paris 13 U.F.R. Léonard de Vinci – Bobigny with thesis entitled: “Anastomosis between vases of different caliber: comparison between two different techniques”.
- University Diploma of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery obtained in Paris on 7 July 2005 at the University Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie with thesis entitled “The tissue coverage for the back of the fingers”
- Military obligations fulfilled at the “Projection Forces Command Department” in Milan from May 1998 to April 1999.
- From 1993 to 1994 attendance, as an internal student, at the Surgery Department III, directed by Prof. Emilio Galli, at the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
- From 1994 to 1995 attendance, as an internal student, at the Operative Unit of Plastic Surgery, at the San Raffaele Hospital, at Castellanza (Dr. Giorgio Pajardi).
- From 1995 to 1997 attendance, as an internal student, at the Division of Neurosurgery, directed by Prof. Massimo Giovanelli, at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
- From September 1997 to September 2004 attendance at the Surgery Unit of the Hand, directed by Prof. Giorgio Pajardi, at the Multi-clinic Polyclinic of Sesto San Giovanni (Milan).
- From January 2000 to September 2003, special emergency hand surgery at the Emergency Room of the Multi-clinic Polyclinic in Sesto San Giovanni (Milan).
- In 2002 he created the Internet sites for F.E.S.S.H. (Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand) and for I.F.S.S.H. (International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand) occupying the role of Webmaster until June 2013.
- In 2002, in collaboration with Prof. Guy Foucher of Strasbourg, he created the first internet site in the world on congenital malformations of the hand. In this context, a genetic counselling project was started for young patients with congenital syndromes.
- From 2002 to 2011 he was a member of the IT committee of S.I.C.M.
- From 01.10.2003 to 31.07.2004 he was Surgeon (Remplaçant) at the Hand Surgery Service of the Claude Gallien Hospital of Quincy-sous-Sénart (Paris – France) (Head Physician Dr. Eric Lenoble).
- From 2004 to 2011 he was a member of the Board of Directors of the Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (F.E.S.S.H.) as chairman of the Internet Committee
- From September 2004 to June 2012 he was Assistant at the Surgery Unit of the Hand with the position of Head of the Microsurgery Service – Chair of Plastic Surgery of the University of Milan – Multimedical Polyclinic – Sesto San Giovanni (Milan).
- From 2006 to 2011 he was a member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Society of Microsurgery (S.I.M.)
- From January 2006 to January 2010 he was Consultant for Hand Surgery at the “Healthcare Helpdesk” Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation – ONLUS Center for Neurorehabilitation for Serious Brain Drugs – Via A. Peyron, 42 – 10143 Torino
- Since March 2010 he is Consultant for Hand Surgery at the Beata Vergine Consolata – Rehabilitative Hospital – San Giovanni Canavese (Turin) Hospital.
- Since 2010 he is Treasurer of the International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand (ISSPORTH)
- From 2011 to 2013 he was Auditor of the Italian Society of Microsurgery (S.I.M.)
- Since September 2012 he has been appointed Head of the Service of Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Microsurgery of the Arts at the San Pio X Clinic in Milan (Fondazione San Camillo).
- Since March 2014 he collaborates as a Specialist Doctor of the Hand Surgery Service at the Mater Domini Clinic in Castellanza (Varese) – Humanitas Group.
- From October 2004 to July 2014 he carried out his activity at the Cellini Clinic of Turin (Humanitas Group) as Head of the Surgery Unit of the Hand.
- Since July 2014 he is Coordinator of the Hand Surgery Service of the Humanitas Group – Turin: Fornaca Clinic, Cellini Clinic, Gradenigo Hospital.
- In September 2014 he founded the “Private Hand Surgery Center” at the Clinica Fornaca di Sessant in Turin (Humanitas Group) Since 2006 he has been a member of the FESSH examining committee for the award of the European Diploma in Hand Surgery
- 19-21 June 2008 FESSH Examination Lausanne, Switzerland
- 01-03 June 2009 FESSH Examination Poznan, Poland
- 23-26 June 2010 FESSH Examination Bucharest, Romania
- 14-17 October 2010 Meeting of the FESSH Examination Committee Budapest, Hungary
- 22-24 May 2011 FESSH Examination Oslo, Norway
- 20-23 June 2012 FESSH Examination Antwerp, Belgium
- 26-28 October 2012 Meeting of the FESSH Examination Committee Budapest, Hungary
- 27-28 May 2013 FESSH Examination Belek-Antalya, Turkey
- 16-17 June 2014 FESSH Examination Paris, France
- 22-23 November 2014 Meeting of the FESSH Examination Committee Budapest, Hungary
- 15-16 June 2015 FESSH Examination Brescia, Italy
- Since 2013 he has organized the written part of the European Diploma in Hand Surgery at the San Pio X Clinic
- 20 March 2013 12 candidates
- 21 March 2014 10 candidates
Since 2011 he is a member of the EBOT Writing Committee (European Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology)
- 12-13 February 2011 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 5-6 November 2011 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 25-26 February 2012 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 17-18 November 2012 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 16-17 February 2013 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 15-16 February 2014 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- 15-16 November 2014 EBOT Writing Committee meeting Lisbon, Portugal
- From 2009 to 2010 he was a member of the Teaching Body of the Advanced Course of Microsurgery at the Center of Biotechnology of the Cardarelli Hospital of Naples
- 11-12 November 2009
- 23-24 September 2010
- 11 January 2010 appointed Coordinating Secretary of the IT Commission of the Italian Society of Hand Surgery (S.IC.M.)
- Since February 2015 he has been registered as a reviewer for the journal “Journal of Hand Surgery: European Volume”
- Since March 2015 he is a Microsurgeon Consultant at the Galeazzi Orthopedic Institute
- Since June 2015 he has been appointed Director of FESSH as Chairman of the “Public relations committee”
From September 1997 to today he has performed 14,325 surgical operations in the field of hand surgery and reconstructive plastic surgery as lead surgeon and 3,250 surgical operations in the same areas as support surgeon.
For each surgical operation there is specific documentation with certification of the Health Department of the Structure.
MAIN FIELDS OF INTEREST
His fields of interest are centred on hand surgery in its plastic, orthopaedic, neurosurgical, vascular and reconstructive microsurgery in plastic surgery.
In particular, he is the referent and consultant for various hospitals for the microsurgical treatment of skin defects, whether they are the result of major traumas, infectious processes, oncological outcomes or congenital diseases. These include:
Department of Orthopedics San Paolo Hospital of Milan (Director Prof. Pietrogrande)
Department of Traumatology Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano (Head of Dr. Marco Berlusconi)
Reconstructive surgery and osteo-articular infections center – Galeazzi Orthopedic Institute of Milan (Director Dr. Carlo Romanò)
Department of Orthopedics Hospital of Vimercate (Director Prof. Roberto Pessina)
Department of Orthopedics A. Manzoni Hospital of Lecco (Director Prof. Maurizio Catagni)
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology Hospital Foundation San Raffaele Institute Giglio di Cefalù (Director Prof. Antonio Pace)
The microsurgical skills he possesses have enabled him to successfully execute 147 limb replantings or segments.
As Head of the Microsurgery Service of the Milan Polyclinic Hospital (pertaining to the C.U.M.I. Urgenze Hand Italia Coordination), from September 2004 to June 2012 he urgently managed about 400 patients per year with hand and limb traumatism.
FREQUENCY AT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTIONS AND FOREIGN HOSPITAL DEPARTMENTS
- From 12.04.1999 to 30.06.1999 he was a Visiting Fellow at the Service SOS MAIN de Strasbourg, (Dir .: Prof. Guy Foucher).
- From 01.02.2000 to 01.03.2000 he was Visiting fellow at Privatklinik – Vienna (Director Prof. Hanno Millesi).
- From 01.10.2003 to 01.08.2004 he was Visiting Fellow at the Institut de la Main – Paris (Dir. Prof. Alain Gilbert).
- From 06.04.2004 to 09.04.2004 he was a Visitor at the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam (Directed by Prof. Dr. S.E.R. Hovius).